Wednesday, March 25, 2009

yesterdays sidepull madness

The girls had a good day yesterday i'll break it into thier own segments..

Ruger-

We learned how to stand(without being tied) to be goomed and fly/show sheen sprayed and she had it down like an old pro by the end of it. I can now pick up both of her front feet without problems, she actually offers them to me by picking up her foot when I bend down. Haven't worked with the back legs, I wanted to get her butt and tail brushed with no issues so I felt comfortable messing with her legs and such. We will have our back legs picked up today, hopefully! We also accomplished being saddled, untied, with no issues. I got brave and put on our new side pull (thanks mom!!) so I could line drive her. She did ok with it, she didn't like how it touched her ears that made her angry! lol. she settled down and by the end of the line driving session she was being such a good girl that I called it quits and gave her a breather. We led around the property like an old pro and I tied her in different places every 20 mins so she could get used to all the different settings and being next to different horses. she didn't care in the least.


Gidget-
Mary has taken gidge on with a passion! she really likes her, and it's fine with my mom. She is still lame, and we suspect an abcess, but soaking a wild horses foot...not so easy. She's not lame at the walk or canter, just at the trot and when she stands, she pushes it out and doesn't want to stand on it. She put her in the round pen and line drove her and she is going to be FUNN(i mean that in a totally sarcastic way) no steering and a blind run.

fun.

2 comments:

  1. I already had planned on hauling in soon because I have never been there and wanted to scope it out! I would love to meet you there. From the schedule on the internet it looks like during the week is the only time for recreational riding? If you know something I don't thats cool! Let me know when is good for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll check the schedule and see if there are any saturdays that are open for free ride. It's a cool arena, fully covered with bronc/bull chutes(for the rodeo) on one side and aluminum bleachers on the other. Kinda scary, but fun! :)

    ReplyDelete