Thursday, March 12, 2009

I Think We're Gonna Make It!


It seems that Gidget gets better after a day off...today we again made giant steps forward. I was able to walk right up to her and touch her shoulder, lead her out the stall and into the round pen. After not getting out yesterday, I expected her to buck and play, but I practically had to push her around the pen, so I worked on walking up to her left shoulder - for some reason she doesn't like me on that side. Being outside in the big pen wasn't working though...so as Jenn says, I pulled up my big girl panties, tied her in her stall and worked on her in there. By the end of the session, I was able to walk up to both sides with no drama, and was even able to get the saddle pad on her! She is still pissy about her face being touched, so we'll take it slow there - but everything else is coming along fantastic! I'll be gone for the weekend, but Jenn says she'll work with her and I'm hoping by next week to be able to pony her around the property.

No comments:

Post a Comment