Thursday, March 26, 2009

we steer and stop!! yay!



side pulls are a marvel. I have to say I've never used one to break a horse before, but since ruger doesn't like bits at all, and i don't like hackamores, a side pull was my next choice. she loves it!

This is her second ride. she steers and moves off my leg, side passes, and stops on a dime when I say "whoa" and we even backed up a few steps! she is smarter than most domesticated horses I've broke, for her second ride, i didn't expect to get so much accomplished!! :)

I'm beyond happy with her improvement!

off to dinner with the rents!
-jenn

2 comments:

  1. Please be careful with that loose rope. Faith was good our first few rides. Then, her tantrums started. I would hate for her to get a foot over it.

    You guys look terrific together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey michelle, thanks! The lead rope isn't tied to the horn, it's just looped around, in the event she has a "tantrum" which is highly unlikely, since she is so good about everything and hasn't bucked once or been naughty(knock on wood)

    hopefully she will contine to behave, which i'm sure she will.

    ReplyDelete