Thursday, March 12, 2009

she didn't buck, i was dissapointed! lol



Ruger had an exceptional day today! She let me saddle her and cinch it up!! whoo hoo! although when I turned her out, to my dissapointment she didn't throw a single buck out. I figured since she is so damn dramatic about everything that the saddle all cinched up would be tramatic to say the least. NOT! I'm so proud of her! Don't mind my improvised blue rope "breast collar" I left mine at home, and the mare has no withers so I had to do something! :) She was so good today that our session was pretty short. Saddled, walk-trot-lope in the round pen, then we did something very scary..ok what I thought would be scary..we got a bath. She just stood there like it was raining on her. silly mare..we don't like our back legs though, we strike out and get that water! :)

She has such a pretty trot! our next hurdle is getting a bridle on our head..i think i'm going to buy a side pull so I can get some driving done with her. I've read mustangs do really well in sidepulls.

until tomarrow!

-jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment