Friday, March 13, 2009

dare i say we are becoming civilized?


Ruger had another good day today. I'm so proud of her and her almost civilized self! She let me put the saddle pad and the saddle on today without any mishaps, then we survived a very scary thing(well, ok i was more freaked out then she was) the saddle wasn't tight enough, and it slipped around under her belly...she just stopped and looked at me like-"What happend mom?" I tied her back up and un-cinched it and it fell off under her, again she just looked at me. I put everything back on her, cinched it up tight and put her back in the round pen. I still can't manage to get a bridle on her yet so i attatched my round reins to her halter so she can see them flapping around her neck. she handled it really well. She doesn't get scared of anything I throw on her...hmm...maybe we are learning i'm not going to eat her? lol


We ended our session with a quick shower(my term for a bath with no soap) and I braided her mane and forelock. She actually lowered her head and took a deep breath...good signs! She physically relaxed, cocked a leg and licked and chewed. It was awesome.


I'm so excited for her! :)


-Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment