Sunday, April 5, 2009

we lope!

Ruger and i loped today! yay! she is like a big ol' comfy couch!

Gidget has been loping for a week or so, but she is still a little speed demon...barrel horse? lol. They both are excelling REALLY well and I think we are sitting pretty high for 38 days or so. They are really smart, and as long as we dont hit any major glitches we should be golden.

I still need to work on my "showmanship" with ruger so we will have the in hand ok. I love seeing how they are progressing in different areas, they are so different and excell at things the other one most likely wont.

Ruger let me shave her front legs today, minor mishaps with the "ah! it makes noise AND tickles!" I was going to finish her back legs, just the white socks, but mary was playing with the tarp in the round pen and she was just too distracted and pissy...i don't want to get kicked..not that she will..but still.

mary and i were too tired and sore to go out on a trail ride today, so we worked on ground manners and trail obsticles.

More riding tomarrow... :)

-Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment