Wednesday, April 1, 2009

dr. williams is the best!


I called my trusty vet Dr. Williams out this morning to look at Ruger's nose and Gidget's foot. Gidget has an abcess, but he said it's so close to coming out on it's own that he couldn't do anything for her. Ruger has an infected cut over the top of her nose, and it got huge, so she's on antibiotics and he said it should be all better in 48 hours! Good news! :) Let's hope she doesn't have a giant nose and the swelling will go down so her nose is cute and little again.

Both of the girls are doing so good! We rode them to the public arena yesterday which is about a mile and a half of Norco's finest scary urban trails. The only thing we didn't like was a stark white pony coming at us(or course the kid flinging a rope around it didn't help at all) we passed in the street and all was well. Gidget launched and took off when a dog took her by surprise, she ran 30 feet then stopped when Mary pulled her up. Other than that, there weren't any mishaps!

Ruger gave me a little sliding stop yesterday when I set her up for one, and spins on a dime! I told my mom I should send her to Bob Avila for some reining training! lol.

Mary and I have decided to send in applications for the Fort Worth EMM! We have ever been to Texas so we thought we would give it a try with the 'stangs!! :) There are 100 trainers being picked for the September EMM, so lets hope we both get in!


More later,

-Jenn

2 comments:

  1. Can I ride along? I cant afford to go alone! I want to apply too!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutly you can come along with us!! Apply! I think we already have our foot in the door from the Norco competition, so hopefully we can all get accepted!

    ReplyDelete