Saturday, April 18, 2009

damn my butt hurts!

So today was an awesome day to say the least! It wasn't windy THANK GOD! so i set out to get my confidence back, and instill somemore in Ruger.

I don't think I wrote about it but a few weeks back ruger spooked at something and started hopping, which turned into crazyness and I ended up with my newest edition of buises and my reinstatement into Club Dirt. It was a decent fall and I wansn't too banged up, I just lost some of my ballsy confidence. I thought it was because it was windy and it annoyed me that she got spooky when it was windy.

I got on her today and same thing.."bahhhh!! something, i don't know what...but something is going to get me!" so I patted her and tried to figure out what was bothering her. I moved my left leg and she shot sideways...ahhh...she's scared of my legs moving around or touching her. Good to know...good to know. Now this is mostly my fault..in an effort not to scare her, I haven't been using my legs-at all- in her training. odd since i'm a spur stop kinda girl. So i proceeded to kick, flail, and and bang my legs all over her sides until she was pretty much dead sided standing there. So we did it while we were walking, then trotting..since i was feeling pretty good about my Nancy Drew problem solving I decided it was time to lope again. I've only loped her once and it it was at marys nagging "oh come on grow some balls and lope already!" I think that was the commentary.. so I kissed put my outside leg on and she only trotted about 5 feet before she loped off..good girl!! We loped a few circles and then went the other way and she was just as decent that way. So i quit, untacked her and went to lunch with my mom. We came back and went on a 3 hour trail ride though the busiest streets in norco. people honking, men walking dogs, children playing in yards, dogs, the works..she did AWESOME! i'm so proud of her. she was really tired and kept wanting to stop and not go forward towards the end. but all in all she was really good and i couldn't of asked for a better horse today.

Mary is at the river and won't be back till Tuesday, but we are planning a day trip to Irvine park next thursday so if you want to come..your more than welcome!

-Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment