Wednesday, April 8, 2009

rage against the system

I'm a little ticked off today, so don't mind my angry shouting antics.

My mom's mare, Gidget, is WAY more than my mom can handle, and to be frank she wants nothing to do with the wretched bitch. Mary seems to be the only one who is willing to work with her. Now my complaint is, mom emailed Randi at the MHF and asked nicely if Mary could send in an app and trade with her since she doesn't want to give up on the mare and doesn't want to return her.

-now- if i were in Randi's position i would say, you know what...this lady loves horses and doesn't want to give up on them, so she is finding a suitable trainer to take it off her hands and show it at the NEMM. Does that happen? NO! They would rather risk my mom getting hurt than switching trainers. I'm so pissed off.

Another thing that makes me angry about this EMM thing is the people that keep on winning the damn things. It seems like you have to show up in a damn strawberry picker hat, chinks, bad tack, and a handle bar mustache all while running around and cracking a bull whip to win.
-EXAMPLE-
I was following these two Tallahassee trainers from the Gatorland EMM, they are English trainers that know their shit..the assistant is an AWESOME rider and had a bad ass performance in the finals jumping and whatnot...guess who won?? a mustached, badly tacked, bull whip cracking, standing on the saddle idiot.

can we say stereotype?

I'm letting Ruger sit in her stall and rot till the NEMM. Then I'll show up in full rodeo garb and drag her around the in hand course, cop out and not show her in the riding class, and maybe I'll get a prize.

I'm so tired of show politics.

5 comments:

  1. He wasn't an idiot he was PARELLI LEVEL 3! (you know what im saying)

    I was following those girls too and in the real world those ponies would have gone for huge bucks. They were already pinning in the real shows! Im not sure what they sold for as I cannot find the auction results anywhere, not for the lack of trying. I know you are discouraged. I hope you don't give up I was really looking forward to competing WITH you! Not against, WITH! You know Ruger is a good horse I hope you give her the chance to show people what you two can do together! Lets show them what us WP girls can do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not giving up at all! I'm not that type :)I'm going to go there and show them that control and collection will get your horse down the trail more than standing in the saddle and cracking a whip will. :) no offense to you whip snappers...but i don't see the point. I'll be there fo sho.

    pardon my angry day! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From someone who was there....

    I am not going to say much as I do not want to burn bridges. However, Jesse Peters did do an awesome job with his mare. She was absolutely stunning. The problem is (IMO) that he did not perform as well in the finals as he did during the practice. His horse refused and balked at a few things. The girls (again IMO) did a much better job DURING the finals.

    I do believe it was very political as you said. Linda and Pat were present. Enough said....

    Both of the ladies you are were referring to did an awesome job with their mares. They went for decent prices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say anyone who got thier horse there and did at least SOMETHING with it did an AWESOME job!

    I'm just so tired of seeing the same damn thing win over and over and over. For heaven's sake that Mark Lyon guy FELL OFF during his finals run and won when Dan Keen was very obviously more talented and his horse didn't do one thing stupid during the whole thing.

    John Lyon's reason for Mark winning "His horse stopped when he fell off, thats what he trained him to do." OMG...COME ON!

    Maybe I should start practicing falling off and having Ruger stop! lol. Wait..we already do that! I feel a BLUE ribbon in my future!

    If I get into the finals, I'm totally mocking the handle bar mustache, chinks, and the big hat..don't think I won't!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just make sure you video it for those of us who can't be there. :)

    ReplyDelete