Saturday, April 4, 2009

my butt hurts

ok, so yesterday was not my day, nor was it mary's day. It started out simply..we went to lowe's and bought a tarp, 8 poles, and 2 flags to desesitize our horses further. -anyway- roxanne, the old pro of 14 years used to carry flags and stand next to helicopters taking off...decides she wants to be scared of the flag that i'm carrying and instead of running from it, she runs at me and knocks me down..drags me and stomps -somehow- on my right butt cheek. lol...keep laughing...it gets better! :) We mounted up and rode to the public arena, no mishaps..Ruger decides she wants to be stubbon and pig headed..and i'm not feeling very ballsy because of my roxy adventure...so i get off and tell mary to get on and trot her for a second. -bad idea- she's a one person horse...mary gets on and trots, attempts to walk her over a pole and BOOM! it's "let's get mary off" fest. mary's in the dirt, laughing...i'm peeing my pants her ride was so funny..so she gets back on...this time the ejector seat was quicker...oh lord...i wish i had my camera! lol.

I walked her home and she was fine..silly mare. Gidget was exceptional and loped on both leads..she was pretty un dramatic so nothing fun to report there.

Today we rode to the arena again, Ruger had one mishap at a scary palm tree, nevermind the flapping for sale sign by our head, that damn palm tree was going to kill us! :) She was really..and i stress the REALLY good about trotting and moving off my leg and backing through the "L". Trot poles, hah! i laugh at you!

We are going to do a half day tomarrow, riding and baths. we were going to haul out, but we are both sore and don't want an incident. lol.

Till then!

-Jenn

1 comment:

  1. Moving off the leg? Does that require more than 3 steps forward? I guess we dont do that yet! CRAP IM BEHIND AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete