Tuesday, June 9, 2009

who's itching for an update?

You are! :)

Ruger and stryker are doing well with their bit training, I've taken to just riding her in the hackamore lately cause i'm lazy and i don't have a competition to worry about so..meh! They are turning out to be such great trail horses, by the way, i've come to HATE arenas. I rode Carlton in the pen yesterday and was bored within 5 miliseconds. so I took him out on the trail and down into the riverbed and got more accomplished than I would have in the arena. Who would have known loping the windy switchbacks would turn into teaching lead changes?? huh..

Anyhow, I have some rather awesome news. We all have a horse that we had at one point and wished we didn't sell..mine was a bred in the purple little mare name Foxy Cutter Belle. She is a registered breedingstock paint but had all the talent in the world to hang with the big boys. Unfortunatly she came out with not a speck of white on her and she was sold to us for $2500 when she was two. I took her, broke her, and won every local show class under the sun with her...then I did the most idiodic thing of my life. I sold her. I've been searching for her for a few years, the new owner never transfered her into his name, so everywhere I got a dead end. I sort of knew where she was, the same barn I left her at, but I didn't really know. The other day my parents were driving around looking for properties and we came by this one house that was locked up, we called our agent but she was at the river and couldn't come open it. So my dad goes over to his friends house who lives in the same neighborhood, who's wife is a realtor, and askes if she can open the door for us. Their daughter has a horse, so naturally we stuck up a convorsation. I asked her where she boarded her horse and she said Moonshadow Farms...That's where I sold Belle...So I say "oh yeah, that's cool, I think my old mare Belle is there." and she goes "Belle?!?! you owned her? She's for sale!" My heart pounded, I couldn't breath, my mind was racing, it was all I could do from leaping out of the car and shouting.

Needless to say, The next day I went to the bank, pulled out the money I had been saving to buy Ruger with (trust me I fought myself hard when I saw a saddle I could have bought with the money) and bought Belle back.

She's home, forever. :)

-Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment